Thursday, February 10, 2011

zzz....

Our baby girl is no longer a baby. In a few short weeks, we will have a 2 year old. Just a few weeks after that, we will have 2 children in our home. Obviously this pregnancy has been different than the first, but sharing our experience with Helaina has made it even more special. We can't help but wonder how she will react when she meets the baby for the first time in the hospital or how much will this baby shake up her world once she realizes he/she is going to be a permanent fixture in our home. Randy and I are taking in each and every moment of these next few weeks, savoring each day as a family of three. Even though the transition and adjustment will be rough at times, we have complete faith that this is the perfect time for Helaina to receive her brother/sister. God is preparing all of us in such a beautiful way!
Every morning I say a little thank you to the man upstairs for a restful and uninterrupted night of sleep. As with Helaina's pregnancy, I have had no problems settling into bed and snoozing through till the morning. It's amazing!!! And Helaina sure takes after her momma. As long as she has her blankie, it's lights out at 8pm. No crying, no negotiating...just a simple, "Goodnight. I love you." Do we dare even ask for this to continue through the nighttime crying and feedings of baby #2?!?

32 weeks/8 months pregnant. The baby moves all day/night long. It's positioned in the exact same place as Helaina...feet are constantly kicking around my right rib and hiccups at least a couple times a day. Doctor appointments are every 2 weeks. We are calm, but the excitement is setting in. No anxiety this time around. I'm actually looking forward to the delivery and all the miracles that follow. Just prayers for health and a tincy wincy prayer that this baby will decide to come before Daddy has to start working the hockey playoffs...due date April 10th, last regular season hockey game April 8th. Any predictions?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a cute pic of Helaina:) I think the baby will a girl and maybe you will have the baby on my mom's b-day that would be pretty sweet:)

Love ya,

Alexis:)

Anonymous said...

I think the baby will come on April 5 because then we could celebrate the baby's, grandpa's, and my mom's birthday all at once!!! That would be fun :)


Love,
Lindsey