Saturday, April 16, 2011

Baby BOY Freij is HERE!

Randy and I are proud to announce the arrival of our healthy and handsome baby BOY! He was born at 4:59 am, weighing in at 8 lbs 11 oz and 20 1/2 inches long. Randy and I will decide on his name sometime today, and will be sure to keep you all updated.

Moments after birth



Kisses from the big sister!




Baby boy Freij also has quite the birth story to share when he gets older! My parents came into town yesterday (Friday) to spend some extra time with us and Helaina before the induction on Monday. Randy and I were able to head out last night after Helaina went to bed and enjoyed a couple hours of alone time eating ice cream and shopping at Meijer.
Shortly after 3 am this morning, I got up to use the bathroom and had a rather painful contraction. I had a sneaking suspicion that "this" was the real thing. Within 45 minutes, the contractions were coming about 3-4 minutes apart and were rather uncomfortable. Randy and I left our house shortly after 4 am for the hospital. By the time I was seated in the bed in the hospital room around 4:30 am, the contractions were beyond tolerable, and I was requesting an epidural. The nurse did her first check at 4:35 am, and to our astonishment, I was 10 cm dilated and there was no time for anything but to call the doctor in to deliver the baby. Without an epidural, or an IV, or my doctor present (the on call doctor was there), we delivered our beautiful baby just moments later! Never what I had envisioned for the birth of this baby, but God sure had enormous blessings for us today!
THANK YOU for all of your kind words and support!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new baby:) he is so cute:)helaina will make a great big sister:) love ya, Alexis:)

Teresa said...

Sounds similar to me with Justine. When they are ready, they are ready. Glad you could manage without meds. Sometimes they get in the way anyway. Congratulations! He is beautiful.

BlondesPoopMascara.blogspot.com said...

Wow! You are amazing! Congrats! Lovevthe pics. Keep them coming