Saturday, January 21, 2012

9 months

It is such a cliche, but oh so true...how is our little man 9 months old already? When I sit and try to think back to last April, it's hard to even remember how Zachary looked and felt. This time last year, I was really pregnant and so anxious to meet our baby. It seems like so long ago, but several months later, we're starting to plan his 1st birthday party.
He had his 9 month visit at the pediatrician this week and are thrilled to report all is well. He is 23 lbs 12 oz. (90th percentile) and 29 inches (86th percentile). I guess big babies are in our genetics. Zachary is a hungry man and at times, will eat more at a meal than his sister. Maybe it's a growth spurt or just a really hearty appetite, but he enjoys his food and is typically not a picky eater. He continues to be a sleepy head. Again, maybe it's a growth spurt, but Zachary continues to sleep well through the night, takes 2 solid naps a day and is ready for bed by 7:30 pm. His first tooth finally broke through the gums earlier this week. I think Helaina was the most excited to discover the new tooth. After feeling his gums, she said "Zachary has a tooth! Now he doesn't have to eat baby food anymore. He can eat big people food!" Sometime this month, I do believe we will have another child walking in the house. He is cruising well along the furniture, and his crawling has revved up to high speed. He's able to climb the entire stairs in less than a minute flat. He's such a sweet little guy and these milestones are bittersweet.
As far as Helaina, Randy and I were shocked to learn that next month, preschools are already enrolling for the fall 2012 session. So this week, we attended a preschool open house and started thinking about our options. With all the big kids in our neighborhood, she's practically begging us to start school, ride the school bus, and wear her back pack. We really think she's going to enjoy the social aspect of it and will have no or very little separation anxiety. Yet again, another bittersweet milestone.

We visited the Khoury family this week, and Helaina enjoyed playing with the girls while I spent some time cuddling with 1 month old, Matthew.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay:) Zach has is first tooth! that's awesome:) the pics are so cute:) miss you guys:)

Love ya,
Alexis:)