Wednesday, October 3, 2012

My First Field Trip

Hello friends, this is Helaina and I would like to tell you about my first field trip for school.  I didn't have to go to the classroom on Tuesday morning, instead, we went to Plymouth Orchards.  I was very excited that my friends from class and my teachers were going to meet me there.  It made me happy that my mom and brother were able to come too.  After just a couple weeks, my closest friend at school seems to be Delaney (she is the one in the pictures below with the ladybug boots).  She cried for the first few weeks of class, but is doing better now.  I didn't ever hug her when she was sad, but I used to tell her that "it would be ok and her mom would be there soon."
At the orchard, we listened to a short presentation about apples and bees.  Then we went on a hayride around the orchard and apple trees.  Unfortunately in Michigan, there are no apples on the trees this year because of the weather this spring.  My mom only let us buy one half gallon of cider this year because it's too expensive!  At the end, we all ate a cinnamon donut and had a small cup of cider.  My brother was begging my mom for more, but instead, we ate apples together.   




It was a very fun day, and I'm excited to go to school again tomorrow morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

miCute pics(: Helaina is so cute(: and so is Zach! Miss you guys! Hopefully we can come visit you guys soon!
Love ya,
Alexis!