On Tuesday, Helaina had her Halloween party at school. She was able to dress in her Abby Cadabby (Sesame Street) costume and partake in the festivities in the classroom. They had an all school costume parade, special spider cookies for snacks, and at the end, the parents watched the students perform Halloween songs and finger-plays I video taped her performance, and it was....entertaining. I felt my face turning a little red, while I watched Helaina B.E.L.T. out each song in an incredibly loud and inharmonious voice. I'll give her credit though, she knew all the words and seemed to be enjoying herself, but I sure can't wait for her to watch this video in about 15 years!
Helaina, most of her class, and her teachers, Mrs. Stickler and Mrs. Messer
Last night was bitter cold and slightly damp, but the kids had been waiting all day long to be able to trick-or-treat. Randy and I both rushed home from work to join Seedy and Teta in preparing the kids.
Zach kept hugging Helaina and saying, "Abby". He loves his sister and he loves Abby Cadabby so Helaina received lots of lovin' last night from her little brother.
With a little help from his sister, Zachary quickly figured out the routine. If I wasn't taking pictures, Randy and I stood at the end of the driveway and allowed them to go to the doors themselves. Helaina was very polite with her "trick-or-treat" and "thank you", and Zach was learning quickly. We'd hear, "treat", "ooohhh candy" and then "thank you." Then they'd both run back to Randy and me and drop their loot in their bag. And off to the next house they went.
Unfortunately, we didn't hit as many houses as we'd hope because of the cold and wet weather. The kids did enjoy coming back to our house and handing out candy to their neighbor friends and trick-or-treaters.
1 comment:
These pics are so cute(:
Love ya,
Alexis(:
Post a Comment