The kids and I traveled back to Michigan on New Year's Eve Day. We had a few quiet hours at home before Randy and I headed out with our cousins for a New Year's celebration. Aunt Abla watched the kiddos so we could have an adult night out. The kids absolutely love her company, so it was a New Year's Eve treat for them too.
Randy and I hadn't planned much for the night, so there were few places that didn't require a reservation. Last minute we settled on a little mom and pop Italian restaurant and it was delicious. We enjoyed some after dinner bowling and then made it home just in time to ring in the year at our house. New Year's is a lovely holiday that I've come to appreciate, not because we have crazy, fun plans on New Year's Eve, but because most of New Year's Day we are at home relaxing in our pajamas and catching up on post-holiday tasks. Another obvious sign that we are getting old!
On Friday, Helaina had her friend from school, Delaney, over for an afternoon play date. Since December, Helaina has been taking a nap only 2 or 3 days out of the week. So they played together while Zach napped and both the girls are looking forward to starting school again this week.
Cake Pops was a hit for the girls...thanks Uncle Omar for your awesome Christmas gift!
1 comment:
cute pics:) happy new year to you guys:) love ya,
Alexis:)
Post a Comment