Friday, July 18, 2014

Close to the heart

Several years ago, I was like most Americans when it came to the Israeli/Palestinian conflict in Gaza.  I heard the news on TV and read the newspaper articles when I had time.  But then I met my Palestinian husband and his Palestinian family.  And then, several years later, I moved to MI and was introduced to a large Muslim and Christian Arab-American population and joined my husband's church with the majority of its' members having some Arab decent. And then, one year later, we had children, Palestinian/American children. So, in time, this issue has become very close to my heart.  This is not a political issue, it's a humanitarian issue.  My in-laws immigrated to this country because they lost their home in one night, ONE NIGHT, to Israeli invasion and occupation.  Not one of us supports war, but we most certainly believe in basic human rights.  So take the extra time, read a variety of media from a variety of sources, or talk to someone in Randy's family.  They have real-life stories that do NOT depict what the American media reports.

 

http://israelsoccupation.blogspot.com.es/2014/07/understanding-israels-apartheid-and.html

http://israelsoccupation.blogspot.com.es/2014/07/understanding-israels-apartheid-and.html

No comments: