Monday, November 3, 2014

Spooktacular Halloween

The kids had a fantastic Halloween season.  The holiday fun lasted a few weeks and we enjoyed several activities together as a family.  The kids picked their own costumes this year as Randy and I enjoyed the buy one, get one free costume sale at Target :).  
The weekend prior to Halloween, Randy was out of town in Ohio at an implant CE course.  The kids and I attended a Halloween play, called Halloween soup.  The Marquis Theater is located in downtown Northville and is a theater especially designed for kids 3 and over.  Helaina and I have been enjoying their shows for a couple years and this was Zach's first trip.  Obviously, they liked the candy too!
 

The next evening, our friends hosted their annual Fall Fest, complete with pumpkin carving and a bonfire.


This year's version of Captain Hook.

Captain Hook and Princess Helaina at our church's annual trunk-n-treat.




After the trunk-n-treat, we stopped at Amo Basil's for a little more pumpkin carving fun.

Helaina's first Halloween party at school!  My parents were in town so I was able to volunteer.  It was a fun morning spent together with her teacher, friends, and other parents.



We had a busy weekend that consisted of basketball games, trick or treating in the snow, and our Grand Banquet at the church (which Randy did a fabulous job of emceeing)!  Sunday morning we had class in the atrium.  Just a few pictures of the kids learning about the Liturgical Colors and the Land of Palestine.




No comments: