Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

Mr. and Mrs. Jeff Simonds
Jessica and Jeff celebrated their recent marriage with a reception/hog roast this past Saturday. Aunt Sheila and Uncle Kevin hosted about 150 friends and family from Indiana, New York, and Florida. We all enjoyed the beautiful weather by taking a swim during the day, competing in a "cornhole" tournament, and dancing the night away in the DJ tent. Congrats Jess and Jeff!!! Nathan brought a lovely guest for all of our family to meet. What a pleasure she is to have join in the family fun. It was great spending the weekend with my brother and Brett.

After gathering over 50 of our immediate family members for the "McGinley Family Photo", we were able to snap this picture of my parents, brothers, and Randy. The only ones missing are my nieces, nephew, and sister-in law Karen...we couldn't steal the kids away from the pool long enough to get everybody together. Maybe next time.
GRANDPA IS TURING 80!!!
We stole a moment during the reception to give Grandpa McGinley his birthday present. 2 CUBS TICKETS!!! My Grandpa turns 80 next Monday, and he'd sure love to see those Cubs of his win the World Series. From the picture below, looks like he's just excited to be going to the game. GO CUBS GO!!! And Happy Birthday Grandpa...keep on dancin'...we all love you dearly!

Labor Day at the Lake with the Family
Randy and I spent the remainder of the holiday weekend at Lake Freeman with my parents, grandparents, aunt, uncle, and cousins. It had been too long since I'd visited my parents place at the lake, and I'd been longing to spend a weekend there this summer. Besides tanning my ever growing belly, it was a great feeling to cruise in the boat and swim in the water. At dusk, "Captain Don" took us fishing. Even though we couldn't get the fish to bite, what scenery...floating on the calm lake, sky full of stars, fishing with my hubby and dad. It brought back some fond memories from childhood, tagging along with my dad on his Charter Tours on Lake Michigan, reeling in the "big ones." Can't wait till our little one gets his/her first fishing lesson from the "Captain."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Kim, Guess what we are on the internet!!!!! That's a plus!!!! We had so much fun at the lake with you and Randy. I really enjoyed spending time with you guys!! I miss you already!! The lake was enjoyable to go swimming with you and Randy, hang out,and fishing on the lake. I really enjoyed it!!So I hope you have a wonderful day and I hope to see you soon sometime!! Love, Alexis, Vicki, Lindsey, and Scott