Wednesday, June 3, 2009

3 months old

Helaina turned 3 months old yesterday. She's still rockin' the growth charts. At 15.5 pounds and 25 1/2 inches, our sweet "little" girl is in the 95th percentile for height and weight compared to all those other 3 month olds. I spoke to our pediatrician, and we're going to keep increasing her daily ounces as needed, but we will probably have to start supplementing her diet with cereal well before the recommended time because of her size.
Helaina is such a joy to be around. She eats well, sleeps well, and in turn, is a happy and pleasant baby during the hours she is awake. I pray this joyful demeanor continues, because as a parent, it's a blessing to see your child happy.
I thought the day may come, and I believe today was "the day." Helaina found her thumb. I've been trying to teach her to use the pacifier with the thinking that the pacifier is easier to take away/control than the thumb. Randy and I have tried all types and brands of pacifiers...each time, same result...Helaina chokes and gags like we are sticking our fingers down her throat. She's been self-soothing by gnawing at her hands for weeks now, but tonight as I laid her in the crib at bedtime, that little thumb on her right hand snuck right into her mouth. I'm hoping she forgets where she found it by tomorrow morning :).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww... Helanial is the cutest baby ever!!! That is a cute picture of her!!!!!!!
Love,
Alexis

Leah Matis said...

Rockin' the growth charts like LJ!!! I wouldn't have it any other way!! Congrats again- she's adorable!!! Glad she's sleeping and eating well- such a blessing!!
Leah

The Cobb Family said...

I can't believe how big she has gotten! She's really growing, I can't wait to see her again. Love you guys!

The Cobb Family