Saturday, May 8, 2010

Our Shadow

Helaina is now 14 months old. These past couple months have been an absolute joy for us. She has really developed her own personality, sense of humor, and is very playful. She likes to play hide and seek, and Roscoe has become her buddy. When Helaina hears other people laughing, she laughs out loud to join in their conversation (and probably also for attention). She shocked me on Friday at the store. I was paying our bill and holding her on my hip. I opened my wallet, pulled out my debit card, and Helaina says, "Money Money, " and proceeded to take the card from my hand and gave it to the cashier. Really?!? I never taught her that. I didn't even know that she knew the green stuff was money, how does she know the plastic is money too?!?
Helaina still doesn't have much interest in sitting in our lap, unless we are reading before a nap or bedtime. However, she now carries a book with her at all times, follows us around the house, and then makes herself comfortable right on top of our feet. We could be cooking, doing dishes, folding laundry, watching TV...and Helaina just situates herself right on top of us. It's absolutely darling. Here are a few photos of her in action.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Helania is so cute!

Love,
Alexis
Miss you guys!