Sunday, September 12, 2010

Parades and Parties

Another weekend of FUN for our family! Randy was busy working this past weekend and also next weekend up in Traverse City at the Red Wings' Training Camp. Yes, it is hard "work", but the team treats them well, and it's always nice to be in Traverse City in September.

Helaina and I traveled to Valpo to celebrate my parents' 30th Wedding Anniversary, and Helaina was able to watch her first parade!

Helaina and Grandpa...this girl just can't get enough of her Grandpa


You will never know what you'll find to play with back home. Helaina discovered the inner tube that we use with the boat on the lake. She thought it was some sort of trampoline and rolled around in it for almost an hour.


She still loves sticks and spent the afternoon helping her Great-Grandma and Great-Grandpa Walter gather sticks from the yard


We had been looking forward to the Valparaiso Popcorn Festival Parade for a few weeks, in honor of our hometown man, Orville Redenbacher! I hadn't been in years, but I remember enjoying the parade and festival as a kid. As a special treat, my dad and nephew Charlie were walking in the parade. Not even a morning FULL OF RAIN (arrrggghhhh), could ruin our plans. We were troopers and toughed it out, and really had a great time with the family!
Helaina sitting with her cousins Amber and Haley


Isn't this a classic parade picture...American Flag in one hand and lollipop in the other

My dad, absolutely SOAKED, but enjoying every moment! Mayor Costas asked the city employees to take part in the festivities, so my dad walked 2 miles and handed out many bags of candy!

My nephew Charlie was walking with the Boy Scouts

In the afternoon on Saturday, the rain cleared (yippee), and we had a little gathering at my parents' house to celebrate their anniversary. After Helaina's hitting lesson, our family played one mean game of whiffle ball!

Taking a cruise around the yard with Alexis and Charlie in the red wagon

This woman is really something...soon to be 85 and SO MUCH FUN! She played a whole game of whiffle ball, then thought she'd give cornhole a try. Wouldn't you know...her and Nate went undefeated!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a great time with u guys this weekend! I had so much fun! Helaina was so cute and I had an excellent time with you guys! I miss u guys already! Tell helaina lexi says hi! Love ya, Alexis!

Teresa said...

Did you miss Justine and I in the parade. We walked with Discoveries Unlimited. We missed seeing you guys.