Every year around March, I start daydreaming about what fun things our family can do in the upcoming spring and summer months. We had such a good time last year, introducing Helaina to numerous new and exciting activities. Our hearts were changed, all those "things" that we had become bored with, suddenly became enjoyable as we experienced them through the eyes of a child. I knew this year would be a tad more difficult to get out and about because of Zach being so young, but I still had high hopes. We didn't start well, spring was basically a bust. The weather was terrible, it was rainy and cold for 2 months straight, and we had a newborn and a cooped up 2 year old. And now, I sit here writing this post, and I can't believe it's almost July! Today marked only the second trip to the pool for Helaina and the first for Zach. Thank goodness for kiddie pools and neighbors that help keep her occupied every afternoon that we don't make it out of the house!
Our big boy is 10 weeks old! Such a man :)
Aunt Vicki, Alexis, and Lindsey have stayed a few extra days with us to spend time with the kiddos...they are in heaven!

We are still working on getting Helaina to wear some kind of flotation device in the pool. She loves being free, but just can't get the hang of the built in life jacket and most public pools don't allow arm/chest
floaties. She did fall in love with the swim goggles though. Now she can open her eyes underwater and see a whole new world.


1 comment:
Love the pios:) I had a great time with you guys this week:) it was a blast:)
Love ya,
Alexis:)
Can't wait for the fair:)
Post a Comment