Sunday, October 2, 2011

Bad Weather

From our previous post, one could probably sense our (mostly me) extreme excitement for the upcoming Cedar Point trip. I should have known better than to count on the weather to cooperate. We do live in the Midwest, and it is October.
On a positive note, Randy and I spent over 12 hours of quality time together and really enjoyed the company of our good friends, Jeff and Julie. However, the day didn't go exactly as planned. 4 hours spent in the car, $40.00/person admittance into the park, temperatures hovering around 45 degrees, wind gusts up to 35 mph, standing (aka freezing) in long lines because ONLY 4 roller coasters were open in the park due to inclement weather and high winds...not exactly the trip we had hoped for. Randy is convinced he is going to get walking pneumonia, and I am still pouting today because I have yet to ride Top Thrill Dragster after 3 trips to the park.
I'm going to be a mature adult and move on, but it may take a few days. Thankfully Helaina and I have a visit planned next weekend to Indianapolis to celebrate Nolan's 2nd birthday! Indianapolis or BUST!

Jeff and Julie
Forcing a smile!

This beach sure looked different 2 months ago when we were there with Helaina!

My helpers when I'm cooking dinner during the week!

2 comments:

Leah Matis said...

I could just eat up your little man! He is soooo cute (but then again I have a thing for little boys).

The Cobb Family said...

We can't wait to see you guys, counting down the days!