It may be Cinco De Mayo, but those aren't the kind of shots I'm talking about...not at this age anyway. After several months of studying and preparation, I completed my local anesthetic course this week at University of Detroit Dental School. It was a 3 day course that consisted of lecture and hands on clinical practice and competencies. I gave my first 19 oral injections and also received 19 injections, all within a 24 hour period. Wheeeww, I'm quite relieved that is all over with. The only thing between the needle and my patients is the board exam that I plan to take at the end of this month. When I graduated hygiene school in 2004, Indiana hygienists were not able to administer local anesthetic, the law has since changed in Indiana and Michigan, and I have been longing to take this class for quite sometime. With all the changes in our lives for the past several years, it was never the right time. However, I couldn't be more thankful for my husband and family for their support. Randy has been a valuable resource through this entire process, and both our families (parents, aunts, cousins) have helped with childcare and meals. Thank you, all of you, from the bottom of my heart, for allowing me to reach this goal.
Not one of my pictures, but helps you get a good visual, right?!
(Courtesy of RDH magazine online)
After a busy week, it was great to spend some quality time with the Khoury family.
The girls made their own pizza for dinner. It was a hit...mushrooms, black olives, tomatoes.The finished product.
Can you believe this guy is already 4 months old? Such a big boy!

No comments:
Post a Comment