Life is full of twists and turns and ups and downs and plenty of surprises. We were rejuvenated from our vacation and ready to settle into our summer time routine, but the kids had other plans for us. Tuesday morning, both kids had already eaten breakfast and I was just about to spread the cream cheese on my bagel. I walked into the entry way, near our front door, to check on the kids and saw Helaina carrying her princess snow globe down the stairs. My thought was to get the globe from her hands before she could try to hand it Zach. As I was walking towards her, her foot slipped on the bottom step, the globe fell to the floor, and shattered into a million pieces. I reached out my arms to lift her from the floor so she didn't step on any of the glass, but when I looked down, blood was already coming from her foot. I grabbed Zach, took him to his crib, and came back down to tend to Helaina. When I came back down the stairs and look at her foot, I knew we were in for a rough morning. The cut was almost a half inch deep and almost 2 inches long. By this time, she was bleeding quite a bit and all she kept saying was, "Mom, put a Band Aid on it. Mom, put a Band Aid on it." It was 8 am and everyone I knew was at work, including Randy. So I hurried to change out of my p.j.'s, swept both kids into the car, and to the ER we drove. Thank God Abla was able to meet us at the hospital to bring Zach home. She also cleaned up the accident site..thank you, thank you, thank you! Most of our time in the hospital was great...cartoons, friendly doctors/nurses, and a total of 3 popsicles. However, the local anesthetic and actual suturing of her foot was not at all pleasant. All in all, she was a trooper. Besides, who can get 5 stitches in her foot on Tuesday and then hobble around a carnival on Thursday with her friend, Isabella? Only a 3 year old with resilience and a lot of energy. Thank goodness the accident wasn't worse, but none the less, it's been a tough week for all of us.
Isabella and Helaina watching Dora in our bed before the carnival
On the swings
In the boat
Sharing a lemonade
Body painting
Cotton Candy in the wagon
Merry-Go-Round together
Sooo cute!
2 days after the accident, healing well!
No comments:
Post a Comment