This past weekend was filled with fun that only the summertime can bring. It was HOT, and we loved it! On Friday, while Randy was busy at work, we invited our cousins Emann and Rana and Aunt Abla to join us at a nearby water park, Turtle Cove (Lower Huron Metropark). Around the water, I've come to the realization, that it is impossible for me to take the kids alone, so the extra hands were a huge help. We spent a good 5 hours at the park before it was time to head home for dinner. Helaina spent most of her time with a life jacket on swimming in the deep end. Of course, she found the slides and lazy river, but she's very proud that she can swim "alone." Zachary on the other hand, was a wondering man. He doesn't stay at any one place too long, however, he did enjoy the water slides, just like his sister. (We'll post some pictures later...they are on our cousins camera.)
I'm slightly embarrassed to admit that I've never been to a beach in our area since I moved here almost 5 years ago. We usually take the kids to Lake Michigan when we visit my parents in the summer, but I felt like we should venture out from our usual hang-outs. The kids are older (which makes it a tad easier), and Helaina can miss her afternoon nap if needed. After a bit of research, we found YET ANOTHER HIDDEN GEM in this city that people so negatively speak of. Our Metroparks are simply amazing!!! Michigan just doesn't get enough credit for their bountiful natural resources. So, on Sunday, we spent the day at Kensington Beach and Splash Pad. It was Zachary's first time in the sand at a beach, and Randy and I have never seen him sit in one spot for so long. We spent the day with Basel's family, Aunt Abla, and Roscoe.
Her cousins buried Helaina in the sand
Helaina and Emann
Our beach boy
1 comment:
Cute pics:)
Love ya,
Alexis!
Can't wait to see you guys for Lindsey's open house:)!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can't wait!
Post a Comment