Monday, February 23, 2009

40 plus weeks

Originally I had only 1 appointment with the OB this morning, but it soon turned into a second appointment with a 40 week ultrasound. The first visit was another non-stress test to check the baby's fetal movement and heart rate. Thankfully, Baby Freij passed with flying colors. However, since I'm just a bit past my due date, the doctor felt it was important to check the placenta and amniotic fluid. So, an ultrasound was scheduled for this afternoon. Randy and I are happy to report that the baby appears to be doing just fine. Fluids are normal, placenta is working properly, in fact, Baby Freij appears to be close to 8 lbs. (margin of error is plus/minus half lb) In the image below baby is looking right at us. In the ultrasound today, as well as the 36 week ultrasound, both ladies performing the ultrasound commented on how CHUBBY baby's cheeks are in the photo. Certainly not surprised though, mom and dad have quite the plump cheeks too :)! At this time, the doctors have scheduled to induce my labor on Sunday, March 1st at 6:30 pm. Hopefully baby will arrive "fashionably late" and greet us before then.
I'm still pretty comfortable, experiencing contractions very randomly and usually not painful. So, I've committed to working Tuesday and Thursday of this week. Of course, the office will be flexible if any sign of labor should present itself.Probably the last photo before baby's birth. The room is complete...all the "gear" is assembled, ready and waiting to greet him/her. It's finally certain, only a few more days!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kimmie, I am so haapy for you guys, motherhood is a joy like no other. Congrats... and Tye was late too, it just how the first babies like to roll! hang in there! Love ya, Em

Leah Matis said...

You don't even look pregnant!!! I'm sooooo jealous!!!!!! Getting induced isn't all bad- I was. Are you getting a suppository and Pitocin? Let me know if you have any questions... but if I can offer you any info- the contractions get bad after they break your water!!! So excited for you!

Anonymous said...

Whoo can't wait till the baby is here yeah that is so exciting! So March 1, 2009 is the big day whoo!
good luck! Send pics as soon as you can!
Love ya,
Alexis

Anonymous said...

Kim and Randy,
I heard the big day finally got here!! It's a pain you'll forget, but you'll do it again!! Congrats to both of you. Put pictures on your blog as soon as you can.
Aunt Bobbie