Friday, February 13, 2009

Waiting to meet Baby

After our doctor visit this morning, Randy and I were told that I am dilated 2cm, 80% effaced and -3 station. This is positive news in that my body is slowly preparing for "Active" labor. I've probably been in "Early" labor for a few days now, but luckily have had no symptoms. I most likely have been experiencing mild, irregular contractions but just haven't felt them.
For a first time mom, this doesn't mean much. "Early" labor tends to progress relatively slowly so baby could arrive anytime between now and the next 2 weeks. My next doctor visit is Thursday. If I haven't went into labor by that point, they will do a NTS (non-stress test). The doctor will hook monitors onto my belly to monitor the baby's heart rate and determine if it is under any stress. Depending on the results, they will either let me go another week or schedule me to be induced. I'm hoping and praying that this happens naturally b/c anytime a woman's labor is induced, her risk for c-section increases.
With that being said, Randy and I are headed to the gym for a workout. I'm officially enjoying my first day of maternity leave!!!

No comments: