Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Preparing for Baby

No update yet...Baby is hanging out in mom's belly enjoying some last minute R & R before his/her entry into the world.
Randy and I continue to prepare as best we can...I attended my first La Leche meeting today. I do not have much first hand experience with breastfeeding so some friends and co-workers referred me to this amazing organization. La Leche League (also known as LLLI) is an international, nonprofit, nonsectarian organization dedicated to providing education, information, support, and encouragement to women who want to breastfeed. They have meetings once a month in counties near our home. At these monthly meetings, mothers share not only their questions and concerns, but also the benefits and joys of breastfeeding. Knowing other women who have breastfed their babies can be helpful and reassuring. There is really something to be said for having the support and knowledge of these amazing women available at ANY TIME!
Tomorrow will be my last day at work before I take maternity leave. I still am very comfortable and able to work, but it's best for the office and the schedule to have a definite date for our sub to start seeing patients.
Friday morning is my next doctor appointment. Randy still thinks we're going to have a Valentine's Day baby...he may be right :)!

No comments: