Sunday, March 7, 2010

First Birthday Weekend & Party

Wheeeewwww! What a weekend! We celebrated Helaina's first birthday at our home on Saturday. It was filled with fun, very special friends, and wonderful family! We had several out of town guests...The Archer family, the Cobb family, the Salyer girls, my parents and then of course, our family and friends from Michigan.
My parents arrived Thursday evening, and they let Helaina open one of her gifts early.
A Detroit Red Wings rocking chair. It is too cute!

The sweet girl on her big day! When you ask Helaina, "Who's the pretty girl?" or "Who's the birthday girl?" she'll point to herself.
Helaina with the boys, Aiden and Nolan. The boys have grown so much in the past 8 weeks since they last visited. When Helaina is a bit older, she'll look back and feel honored to have had such great friends at her first birthday party. Thanks again for traveling the distance to spend this day with us!
Her cakes
Opening presents with mom and dad. She did a great job and helped open almost all of her gifts. Some of which included a potty from Uncle Omar and a princess motorized car from Randy's parents. This girl received so many wonderful gifts!
Her and that silly finger
It took her awhile to really dig into the cake. She didn't taste it for a few minutes, just played in the frosting.
Once I fed her a bite, she went back for more!


This morning, we met the boys at their hotel and had a swim date. Auntie Erin letting Helaina pose with Nolan's sunglasses.

Erin and Katie took many pictures during the weekend. I'm certain I'll be posting more throughout the week.
Again, we can't thank our friends and family enough for helping in so many ways and for all of the thoughtful gifts. Our lives are so full and rich because of the special people we have in them!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had so much fun with you guys this weekend I had a great time!

Love ya,
Alexis!

Leah Matis said...

Such a sweet baby girl. Congrats Mama! The first year has a lot of milestones. This year is an absolute blast- have fun with your little explorer. Miss you!

The Cobb Family said...

We had so much fun with you and your family this weekend. I'm so glad we were able to celebrate Helaina's special day! I'll send pictures later today.

Love you