Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

Two years ago this weekend, Randy and I learned that we were expecting our first baby. We prayed for a healthy baby...fast forward two years...God gave us that and so much more! So today is a wonderful day to celebrate those dad's in our lives who make so much possible. Thank you for loving us so much and Happy Father's Day!
Helaina and Seedy at our home enjoying a bbq

Helaina and Daddy
Helaina and our next door neighbor Leah. Helaina loves to "jump", as she calls it.
Unfortunately I didn't take my camera, but Randy and I had one of the best nights out in a long time on Saturday evening. We were invited to Mr. Boogren's surprise retirement party. Mr. Boogren is the dad of Randy's partner at the office. We enjoyed a three course dinner at the Tigers Club which overlooks Comerica Park. After dinner, over 50 of us cheered on the Tigers from a special section in the park. The Tigers came up short, but that didn't spoil the remainder of our evening. We walked across the street to Cheli's Restaurant and Bar and a slice of heaven was waiting for me...besides perfect weather and having the best view in the city for the post-game fireworks, I heard LIVE, COUNTRY MUSIC playing in the background. Surely this couldn't be happening...we were in downtown Detroit and the owner is a future Hall of Famer hockey man. But, oh yes, it was music to my ears. A few conversations later I learned the band is a local country act who recently opened for Clint Black and Dierks Bentley...Annabelle Road is their name. So we settled in and began enjoying good friends and great conversation when the hockey man himself (Chelios) joined our crowd. A few hours later and many hours past my bedtime, it was time that we ventured back home.
So today especially, I am very thankful for my husband. We love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute pics that is so cool that you guys got to meet chris chelios that is so cool!
Love,
Alexis!

P.S. Can't wait to see you guys for the spree this weekend!