Sunday, July 11, 2010

New Buffalo

As we're writing this post, Randy and I are both fighting off the post-vacation blues. The past 2 weeks have been such an awesome and enjoyable time for our family. I was fortunate enough to have the last week off of work! YIPEE! But the fun had started way before then...the Spree, my birthday, water parks, the zoo, Valpo, visiting friends, Helaina making new friends, softball games, playing on the farm, visiting the Fire Station with Grandma Cathy, more water parks. All that fun ended, and then we traveled to New Buffalo, MI for a 4 day family vacation.
There were 10 of us. We stayed in a condo in downtown New Buffalo...beautiful view of Lake Michigan and walking distance to the beach. We were blessed with the best weather and that made for a memorable family vacation.
Warning: I posted several photos because I couldn't pick just a few favorites.

The view from our condo
Helaina's first trip to the beach-she liked the water and the waves but LOVED the sand
Nothing like finding what you've been looking for in the sand
With Grandma and Grandpa
The girls at the beach

Helaina ready for her first boat ride
Helaina and Captain Don on her first boat ride
Within minutes she was fast asleep...guess she liked the boat ride
The girls and Uncle Nathan
Helaina enjoying her appetizers at Grandpa Don's 60th birthday dinner
Our family

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love those pics they are so cute! I had an awesome weekend with u guys the condo was awesome and I loved going to the beach with Helaina! I also loved going on the boat! and the kayaking was so much fun I loved it! Well hope to see you guys soon!

Love,
Alexis!