Monday, October 27, 2008

Eat your Veggies Please!

Health and fitness have always been a priority to Randy and I, however, some days we do much better at eating nutritious foods and exercising than other days. I must give Kudos to Randy, as in the last few months, he's really focused and recommitted himself to health and wellness. Since our wedding last August, Randy has lost 25 LBS!!! I can't even believe it some days...he's quite a handsome man these days :)! Unfortunately, I am guilty of the sweet tooth in our marriage, so it's important to keep the chocolate and Popsicles out of my sight or they end up in my belly with the baby.
I was fortunate to enjoy a couple days off of work at the end of last week. Randy and I made use of the time by starting baby projects around the house (I even talked him into seeing the movie The Secret Life of Bees.) I had another doctor's visit, very routine and everything is progressing normally. I am nearing the 6 months mark at the end of this week. With the support of my husband, I made several purchases at (gasp) the maternity store. There must not be very many tall pregnant people, because unless you want to spend a week's worth of salary, JEANS IN TALL LENGTH DO NOT EXIST. None the less, I made due with what is available. I've heard from many women that "the clothes these days are much better than the clothes available when they were pregnant." So, I'm thankful.
Here is a photo of me in my PJ's relaxing at home...Monday Night Football, GO COLTS!

I can't really jog/run any longer. The impact is uncomfortable in the belly area. I've resorted to the elliptical machine and so far so good. Prenatal Yoga starts tomorrow. Never really been a fan of yoga, but the class comes highly recommended so I'm going to give it a try. Anything that can possibly help with labor and delivery is worth an effort. I'll keep you updated.

No comments: