Tuesday, October 21, 2008

We love babies!

Since Randy and I have began the preparation for parenthood, it's been a wonderful journey. Baby showers definitely have new meaning, especially when they are given for close friends and family. Amanda's baby shower was this past Sunday. It was GREAT to see her...happy, healthy, and beaming with that "pregnancy glow." I also enjoyed chatting with old friends from high school, Kylee and Sarah. I listened attentively as Kylee, a proud mother of 2, offered her advice as a mother and also a labor and delivery nurse. Amanda is expecting a boy, Connor James, on December 6. I'm looking forward to meeting this little guy in person!I WON...maybe it's just the common thread of pregnancy Amanda and I are sharing, but I measured most accurately the circumference of her baby belly.
The baby shower was on Sunday, and I spent the rest of the weekend visiting as much family as possible. Sadly, Randy could not travel with me to Valpo. He enjoyed a weekend with his brother, and a delicious dinner at his uncle's house on Sunday.

No comments: