After the 60th anniversary party for my grandparents, Helaina took a trip to the 159th annual Porter County Fair. This isn't just any old fair, it's one of the biggest and best in the state. I was excited to get a good dose of fried fair food, and Helaina had fun visiting the farm animals. I grew up helping my Grandpa Walter on his farm. At the time, he was raising pigs and cattle. Everyday, I would help him "feed chores". Unfortunately, his barns burned from lightening during a dry summer. Now at the age of 74, he is still farming, but no longer raising any livestock. So the county fair is the next best placed for Miss Helaina to get a glimpse into country livin'.
Monday, August 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Those pictures are so cute of Helania! I had so much fun this weekend with you Kim! I am so glad i got to go to the fair with you and eat awesome fair food! Can't wait for Cedar Point so excited!
Happy Birthday Randy!
Love,
Alexis!
The fair pictures are cute, I know you felt right at home!
Love you all
loved the picture of helania in the piggy....too cute! tell randy happy bday!
Post a Comment